Tuesday, September 17, 2024

How I Made Weight Watchers Mine

I wanted to explain how I made the Weight Watchers program my program.

I went to settings and changed from weight loss mode to maintenance mode.  This allows you to change your daily points.

I chose to up my daily points by 5, giving me 28 dailies rather than 23.  Why????  I find that 23 is way too low for me and there are things on the zero list I do not eat (I'm talking you - Tofu and tempeh); I also won't eat popcorn as a zero food - I must count points for that.  So I gave myself points in their place.  Why 28?  When I switch the app to the diabetic plan, it gave me 28 points (course it took some zero foods from me, fruit for example).  I felt 28 was a good starting point and considering that normally I probably eat double if not triple that (and the wrong things); 28 is fairly a good starting point.

Why not just do diabetic?  Because I want my fruits to be zero.  I could do diabetic and then just quick add my fruits at zero.  This is another option you can try, but I chose to do it my way.

I also turned off the roll overs.  I am earning points with walking.

Now, when eating I try to look at the old Simply Filling Food List.  Weight Watchers ditched this plan when they went with the three colored plans (Green, Blue, Purple).  Simply Filling is basically a much larger list then the purple plan was, the catch was that you didn't get any daily points only weeklies.  No I do not count all the foods on the Simply Filling list as zero - I only count the foods on the current plan list as zero, whatever the WW app says is zero, is what is zero - BUT I do refer to this list for better eating choices.

It may sound complicated, but it really isn't.

Actually I only used 23 points yesterday; and only 12 today; but I am comfortably full! I may never need the whole 28 dailies; but they are there if I do.

Tomorrow evening I'm going out with friends; the chosen place is a brewery and the food menu isn't healthy.  That's okay; like I said; I only used 12 points today and despite that I'm not doing roll overs... I do realize that cushion is there if needed.  I'm also eating lighter for breakfast and lunch.

It's all about planning!



No comments:

Post a Comment