Monday, September 23, 2024

Off To A Good Start

 First week of Kickstart is complete and I managed a 1.1 lbs loss!  It could have been more BUT, the weekend, as always, threw me off.  Need to work on that.

My #9 commitment is to do a YouTube exercise video twice a week.  I totally didn't do that one at all.  I decided to make a slight change on that to any exercise other than a walk twice a week.  I just did some desk exercises, so that will be better!  Let's hope it's a consistent week and a much better weekend!

I've done really well with packing lunch and making dinner.  Hubby's been really happy with the dinner part!  Tonight we're having ham & bean soup in the slow cooker!  It's not my mother's homemade type, but it definitely comes close:

1 lb. ham    (I use the ham slices)

1 lb. bag dry northern beans (no need to soak them, just rinse them off)

2 -32 oz. chicken broth    (I also add a little water)

Onion    (optional - I don't)

THAT'S IT!!  Throw in all in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.  You do not need to soak the beans to soften them ahead of time, just put the dry beans right in the slow cooker.

I got the original recipe from:  4 Sons Are Us

And yeah, you won't even know it's chicken broth!  I imagine you could also use vegetable broth.


No comments:

Post a Comment