Monday, July 1, 2024

And Forward We Go

So I did manage another 1.6 loss this past week, but I'm afraid I haven't done well this past weekend. Anyways, I'm getting back on track, with no weigh in this week (holiday), I'm being given an extra week!

I did make baked blueberry oatmeal this morning and just made more for tomorrow. I have leftover pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes for lunch and I'm  thinking maybe a homemade pizza for dinner tomorrow.  Tonight's dinner is chicken and corn.

My stand by recipe for baked oatmeal is: 
1/3 cup uncooked oatmeal  (regular or instant works; but not steel cut)
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sweetener of choice to taste

I mix that together and place it in a mini baking dish (recipe makes one serving), then I'll add whatever fruit I want in it and any other topping I choose. Push the fruit into the mixture. Then bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.

Basic recipe is 2 points, but add the points of any of your toppings you add. My one for tomorrow has cherries (0 pts) and Lily's Chocolate Chips (1 pt).  I may also put a swirl of honey across the top tomorrow.



You can buy mini loaf pans at the Dollar Tree and alongside of them they normally have these mini pie plates.  Either one can be use for this recipe nicely.


Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

No comments:

Post a Comment