Sunday, June 23, 2024

A Quick Update

At this past Thursday meeting, I finally got my 5 lb charm!  Yeah, it took a while but I was happy to get there.  I also got the special summer charm for attending 6 out of 8 meetings.  I've always liked the Weight Watcher charms, I find them encouraging.

Our meeting is growing!  There were 30+ people there which is unheard of especially during the summer; but yay to us.  We have the only evening meeting in a 50 mile radius - yes, FIFTY miles; all other meetings are in the mornings.  A few months back, they were thinking of canceling our meeting due to low attendance - thank goodness people started coming!  I can't make any of the morning meetings due to work and I don't like the virtual ones; they just aren't the same.

I'm still struggling though but I keep trying to move forward.  I have a new refrigerator coming tomorrow and I'm very excited about that.  Hubby and I bought new appliances 3 or 4 years ago when we did a quick kitchen remodel (painting, floor, appliances). We weren't able to get the refrigerator we wanted because it was too tall for the space due to cupboards above the area; so we had to settle for the one that fit.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice refrigerator with the water/ice dispenser but I'll be honest; side by sides just don't hold a lot especially on the freezer side.  So I had to rearrange around the kitchen and get a small chest freezer.

This time around, hubby removed half of the cupboard above the refrigerator; I opted to leave the cupboard doors off and put my cookbooks up there making it more of a shelf above the refrigerator.  Now we have the space for a larger refrigerator which comes tomorrow.  I got a french door one this time and the ice is in the freezer and the water dispenser is actually on the inside of the refrigerator rather than the outside on the door.  I'm getting excited!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment