Wednesday, July 3, 2024

The Little Changes Can Make A Difference

There are several things that can throw off my weight loss journey.

One of those is lunch at work.

A lot of those I work with grab and go lunch somewhere - it always looks better than what I've brought.

I've learned sometimes, I need to compromise.

Case in point - there's a little neighborhood bar that has lunch specials.  Once a month they have hot roast beef sandwiches with fries or mashed potatoes smothered in gravy.  It's wonderful.....
When I know we're going there, I bring in 2 slices of my own bread (647), get the mashed potatoes (only eat half) and the gravy on the side.  I'm eating what everyone else is!

About once every 3 months someone sells these awesome ham & cheese subs.  I order mine with no mayo (and then bring my own reduced fat mayo) and only eat half.  I could also switch the cheese out, but I've never done that.  I normally input this into my tracker ahead of time and just work the rest of the day around it.

Chipotle?  I get the bowl with white rice, pinto beans, steak*, tomato salsa, corn salsa and then I'll bring and add my own cheese (reduced fat) and sour cream (fat free).
*Why steak and not chicken?  Chipotle uses thigh meat which has points (only chicken breast is zero) and the steak is the same amount of points (and less calories).  So why not steak?

Sometimes it's the little changes that make the meal!

Then there are the days that I just want the lunch I bring to be normal.  Sometimes I'll have this:


Hebrew National 97% Fat Free Beef Frank with a smear of ketchup/mustard, on a light hot dog roll, reduced fat chips (half a serving), cucumber and an orange.  It works!

Sometimes it's making a few changes, sometimes it's finding the right products.  Don't ever expect a weight loss program to work for you; you work the program!



No comments:

Post a Comment