I kept seeing videos and ads all over FaceBook regarding Luxe Foundation. Luxe is a white foundation that adjusts to your skin tone as you put it on.
Does it?????
I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of reviews. Everything seemed too good to be true; but if you know me, I'll try anything once.
First thing you should know; influencers are paid for their reviews, and though a few are totally honest, most will give a rave review. Secondly, a lot of the videos are AI or heavily filtered; so don't expect the model look. One thing I noticed is that most of the people doing the videos already have make-up on perfectly beautiful. So why are they putting more foundation on??????
Anyway; I broke down when an offer came up to buy a tube and get a free tube and a free brush. This is not shipped from within the U.S.A.; it's shipped from over seas; but it really didn't take long to get, maybe a week. I have seen some reviews that shipping took longer. Despite there being a guarantee...all reviews indicate that getting you money back is non-existent - just an FYI.
Anyway, I got my tube and gave it a try on my face with no make-up already on it. It is indeed white and it does change color as you put it on. I found my face felt a little itchy for about 15 minutes but then it went away (I did not scratch). It didn't fill in the lines, it didn't cover any facial blemishes flawlessly and I certainly did not have the model look all the videos show. It worked just like all the other foundations I've used over the years with the exception that it starts out white and blends in with your skin.
Suggestions?? Start with a base for under the foundation; that will help with any itching (I get none if I use a base) and it's just a good way to start. And don't apply like all the videos do...less goes a long way. The directions will tell you to put some on the back of your hand, and use the brush to start blending, then apply with the brush. You don't need a lot - I can't understand why all the videos show gobs of it on the face to start and then start blending.
I don't think I'd buy it again; but I'll use it up and then move on. I can't say the advertising is false; but the videos are extremely misleading.
No comments:
Post a Comment