Sunday, January 21, 2024

It's Been Rough But Moving Forward

We've had quite a week family wise, but things have settled down a little bit.  It always seems to be something.

I've been moving forward though.  Over the weekend I finally made the Cream of Wheat Mini Bread Loaf.  There's different types of flavors; but I just went with a basic one:

1 very ripe mashed banana (or 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1/2 cup pumpkin)
1 egg
4 tbsp Cream of Wheat ( I used the regular)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of salt
2 packets of sweetener of choice
Lily's Chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips well.  Pour into mini loaf pan sprayed with oil spray.  Put chocolate chips on top (press in a little).  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

You get this:

They are so good!!  The two I made this weekend I did with bananas as I had some that were very ripe...I decided to make them for breakfast this week, so today I made 5 using unsweetened applesauce.  Though mini loafs, they are a big serving and very filling.  Point value will depend on which plan you're doing and how many chocolate chips you plan on using.  In my case I'm using Healthi's Carb Conscious plan (similar to WW Point Plus) and it came to 4 bites (Healthi's version of points).

I'm making meatloaf tonight, so that will also become tomorrow's lunch.  Tomorrow night is pork & sauerkraut, which will become Tuesday's lunch, and Tuesday night is Slow Cooker Three Bean & Chicken Chili, which, of course, is Wednesday's lunch.  Still working on Thursday and Friday!  I have a hard time meal planning lunches - I can't eat the same thing over and over.  For breakfast yes, lunch no.  I do better if leftovers from dinner become my lunches.








No comments:

Post a Comment