Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A Product You Should Look For

If I order a sandwich out...I like a crusty hard roll.  I don't want it on bread or a hamburger roll.  I want a sub.

I always look for the little club rolls at stores.  They use to be so easy to find and now seem non-existent.  Sometimes I will buy the large sub/steak rolls and cut them in half and just use half.  Another option is to pick your roll and pull out the bread on the inside to get the roll to the weight you want in order to have the points you want.  I always consider rolls should be 3-4 pts.

I was in Walmart and found these in the bakery section (not the bread aisle):



Crusty like I like and only 3 WW points!! (I've included the nutrition label so you can check what they are on your plan, if you do another).  They actually weren't very expensive either!  However, I will advise that you should freeze them and take out as you need them - they'll mold fast otherwise.

I'll add 1-1/2 oz. Virginia Ham and a half a slice of Sargento's Thin Sliced Swiss and 1/2 a tbsp of light mayo for a total of 6 points!  

I actually had this sandwich today along with a mini cucumber and chicken corn soup.  This bread makes you feel like you're cheating, lol!

I've seen others post about these rolls and someone mentioned they make french bread pizza with them!  We have a local sub shop that makes awesome steamers (you may know them as sloppy joe's); I prefer them on a mini sub roll rather than the hamburger but don't like the upcharge to a sub price (even though the mini sub uses no more steamer than the regular).  Next time I know that we're going there, I'll just order the regular and switch it to one of these when I'm back in the office!

I'm also going to start using the Healthi app more with the Better Balance plan.  When WW runs out, I just can't see continuing with them...unless they bring back in person meeting times that I can get to.


No comments:

Post a Comment