Thursday, June 13, 2024

2024 Continues......Sigh....

 A few posts back, I said that 2024 has been a bad year for my family.  2024 continues.....

My Dad has been in and out of the hospital, fighting UTI's along with his other health issues.  He can no longer walk unassisted and it's hard for him with assistance.  Right now he's in a rehab center but will be moved to long term care.  Like Mom, none of us are able to provide the 24/7 care he needs.  So my family's battle with 2024 continues.

On a happier note!

CC and I went to Evans City, PA/Monroeville, PA this past weekend.  We visited the Evans City Cemetery where the movie Night of the Living Dead (original) was filmed and the Monroeville Mall where Dawn of the Dead (original) was filmed.  We lucked out on this weekend, because about 3 weeks prior I discovered there was a Living Dead Weekend happening at the mall!  So we eagerly bought tickets for that and it was a blast!

Most of the celebrities there were ghouls in Dawn of the Dead but there were some big names there as well:  Tom AtkinsTom Savini and Greg Nicotero may be three you've heard of.   A big one for us was Russell Streiner.

Russell Streiner played Johnny in Night of the Living Dead.  He delivers the most memorable line of the movie "They're coming to get you Barbara."  He was more than happy to say that line for us!  He told us how they had no money to make the movie and how they begged and borrowed to get it done.

But, for us, the big draw was Greg Nicotero.  He's from the area so happily always comes to the yearly event when his job doesn't have him elsewhere.  Greg is a special effects person and was the walker professional for The Walking Dead.  He also owns a restaurant with Norman Reedus.  If you're a Walking Dead fan, you know who Greg Nicotero is, he's as popular as the all the characters.  He's also a very nice, down to earth person.  While CC was asking him questions about Daryl Dixon; he apologized for eating candy but he said he had felt lightheaded and needed something and if we see him laying on the floor; we'd know why.  I told him I was CPR certified; he told me he could only accept mouth-to-mouth; I told him I could do that!  LOL!!  Great guy!

So that was my highlight for the year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment