Sunday, January 14, 2024

A Quick Update!!

I've been all over the place since starting......  my parents are elderly and live with my one sister.  At the moment my mom is in a rehab facility and not doing well.  In the middle of all this my sister's brother had to have unexpected open heart surgery.  

It hasn't been a good start for the year, my response was "This is the worst year ever and we're only 5 days in."   So weight loss went down the list as well as my posting here.

I'll admit, when things get rough...I go off course.  I need to work harder at that and come up with a solution.

I belong to a WW FB group that posts recipes and such.  There are several of these groups that are very similar.  The recipes they post are actually stolen from other websites.  I wouldn't mind this if they've give credit to the website, but someone always posts it as their own (even the photos are stolen); they also do the same thing with products found to be low points.  Be aware of these groups, because many times the recipes posted can be from older WW plans; that means the points aren't accurate.

Anyway, this particular group posted something about Rao's Soups.  You may be familiar with their sauces but now they make soups.  I did a search and found this:

The Kitchn Rao Soup Reviews

I'm going to hunt these down.  Winter months, cold.....I can eat soup for lunch!  My hubby works at a diner and I had him bring me a quart of their chicken corn soup home.  Sure theirs is better than what comes out of a jar or can..but Rao's would keep better at work.  I used to have what I called an "oops" drawer; an emergency drawer at work filled with point friendly products, in case my breakfast or lunch were accidentally left on the kitchen counter.  I need to start that again; sometimes I just don't want what I'm packing for lunch.

And isn't that the point, wanting to eat what is in front of you?  We need to learn how to turn our favorites into point friendly meals.  Don't force yourself to eat things you don't like!  You'll never stick to the plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment