Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Water, Water & More Water!!

Water always seems a big topic in the weight loss communities.  Everyone has an opinion on the amount and what counts as water.

For starters - plain water is best for your body; your body needs it and knows how to process it; but some just have a hard time with plain water.

I see a lot of people with HUGE jugs/cups/mugs/etc.. filled with water to drink throughout the day.  Hey, if that works for you GO FOR IT!  But me?  That is so overwhelming I'd never get it done.

I prefer drinking water in smaller amounts; I do 8 oz. servings at a time.  Why?  A serving of water is only 8 oz. and once you see that measured...getting 6 or more of that size in seems doable.

I do six servings of water a day.  Why 6?  Because when I initially started WW, that was the healthy guideline to follow.  However, they allowed any type of liquid to count (sodas, juices, broth) as long as you counted the points (if the liquid had any) as well.  Over time that has changed and they now kind of say plain water.

I personally can drink plain water, but I realize not everyone can and that's okay - you do you! I start my morning with a serving, another before I leave the house, another on the way to work and pretty much by lunchtime, I have my six servings in!  After that, I pretty much drink whatever I want!  

Some people drink 8 servings a day and some say you should drink 1/2 your weight in ounces.  I don't know what is the correct method but again YOU DO YOU!

Also keep in mind that almost everything (food included) has some amount of water in it; so consider that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment