Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Let's Discuss Weight Loss Drugs and WW Apologizing

 In case you haven't seen the news or a news article in the past 2 weeks....  WW CEO Sima has been apologizing for WW for not recognizing the need for weight loss drugs.

Sima.... to the best of my knowledge, I don't need an apology from WW.  As a matter of fact, I'm rather offended that you are making it sound like I'm not capable of losing weight without you shoving a pill down my throat or jabbing me with a needle.

Your program and meetings worked just fine for me; but you've taken what I needed to lose weight away in order to push your new agenda.  I get it, you're a business; your job is to make the company money.  You're not the WW that I love and want; and though you are trying to offer many things to accommodate a bunch of different people's needs; all you're really doing is pushing your new agenda and pushing the rest of us out.

That's not cool and that's what you should be apologizing for.

I have nothing against weight loss drugs (or weight loss surgery for that matter); I do not think WW's "clinicians" should be advising anyone of this though.  I think if this is the path someone chooses to follow; they should do so with their own doctor.



Do you want to be on these meds forever?  Because you will have to be, if not, the weight will come back.

Are you following a healthy plan or just eating whatever?  I watch people do both when on these drugs.

Is your insurance going to cover the cost of the drugs?  Or are you?  These are questions you should ask yourself before handing over your hard earned money to Weight Watchers.  To my understanding the WW core program is included in the medication program (not the in person meeting one) and there is a special program just for those using weight loss medications; but anyone can access this plan in the settings on the app.

And isn't it amazing that Oprah just happens to go public with the fact that she uses weight loss drugs at the same time Weight Watchers is announcing their new approach?  What a sales tactic!

No comments:

Post a Comment